Adobe's AI-Powered Project Sound Lift
Adobe is stepping up its game with the introduction of Project Sound Lift, an AI-powered tool designed to revolutionize audio editing, akin to Photoshop for images.
- One-Click Solution: Project Sound Lift allows users to effortlessly dissect speech recordings into distinct tracks, isolating voices, non-speech sounds, and background noise in videos.
- Enhance Speech Technology: Adobe's Enhance Speech technology, now integrated into applications like Premiere Pro, empowers users to independently enhance, transform, and control speech and sound.
Addressing Market Needs
In the creator's economy, where poor audio quality remains a persistent challenge, Project Sound Lift comes as a savior. It addresses issues such as wind interference, sub-optimal microphone locations, crowd noise, and other sound disturbances that can render videos unusable.
Sneak Peek at MAX Japan
Developed by speech AI researchers at Adobe Research, Project Sound Lift was unveiled at MAX Japan during Adobe's "Sneaks" showcase. This event offers a sneak peek at prototype ideas and technologies.
In a demo, Adobe showcased Project Sound Lift's capabilities to pick up specific sounds and manage a wide array of audio "events" from daily life scenarios. This includes separating speech, applause, laughter, alarms, crowds, and other noises into distinct tracks.
Beyond Adobe: Other Players in the Market
While Adobe leads with Project Sound Lift, it's worth noting that other players in the market offer similar capabilities:
- Lalal.ai: Performs tasks like speech separation and provides user-friendly iOS and Android apps for on-the-go editing.
- Audo.ai: Specializes in noise reduction.
- Ultimate Vocal Remover GUI: An open-source option that focuses primarily on vocal separation but is also adaptable for denoising purposes.