IBM Unveils watsonx.governance to Revolutionise AI Transparency and Compliance
IBM has just revealed watsonx.governance, a powerful tool launching in early December that aims to make AI more transparent and compliant. This toolkit is designed to help organizations manage risks, increase transparency, and get ready for upcoming AI regulations.
- Comprehensive toolkit for organizations
- Manages risks, boosts transparency, and prepares for AI regulations
- One-stop-shop for deploying and managing AI models
- Automates AI governance processes
- Monitors models and enables corrective actions
Insights from Kareem Yusuf:
Kareem Yusuf, Senior Vice President of Product Management and Growth at IBM Software, stressed the importance of watsonx.governance in finding the right balance between harnessing the power of AI models and addressing associated risks. He highlighted that company boards and CEOs are eager to benefit from advanced AI models, but concerns about transparency and governance have slowed progress.
"watsonx.governance addresses these concerns by helping businesses translate regulations into practical policies, a critical capability as new AI regulations emerge globally."
IBM Consulting Support:
In addition to the software launch, IBM Consulting is working with clients to scale responsible AI. Their focus includes:
- Automated model governance
- Organizational governance covering people, processes, and technology
IBM consultants bring expertise in:
- Establishing AI ethics boards
- Shaping organizational culture
- Providing training
- Managing regulatory and cybersecurity risks
- Human-centric design framework
Integration with IBM watsonx AI and Data Platform:
It's important to note that watsonx.governance is part of the IBM watsonx AI and data platform. This platform includes:
- AI assistants
- watsonx.ai next-generation enterprise studio for AI builders
- watsonx.data open, hybrid, and governed data store
IBM has also introduced intellectual property protection for its watsonx models, reinforcing its commitment to promoting responsible AI practices.