AMD and Microsoft Collaboration for AI Innovation
AMD and Microsoft are collaborating to bring powerful AI capabilities to computers. The partnership involves AMD's upcoming Instinct MI300X accelerator, along with AMD EPYC CPUs and Ryzen CPUs with AI engines, driving innovation in various areas.
AMD Instinct MI300X Accelerator
- Set to power Microsoft's new Azure ND MI300X v5 Virtual Machine series optimized for AI workloads.
- Azure becomes the first cloud platform to integrate the new accelerator, offering enhanced efficiency and scalability options.
- AMD-powered VMs are part of Microsoft's infrastructure supporting AI innovation for businesses.
AMD AI Products Showcase
- AMD is showcasing its AI products at the AMD Advancing AI event on December 6.
- Widespread adoption of Ryzen AI with over 50 systems equipped with Ryzen 7000 Series processors and Ryzen AI.
- Millions of AMD AI PCs available in the market.
- Collaboration with Microsoft to bring Windows Studio Effects to Ryzen AI PCs and expand AI workloads and generative AI experiences for consumers.
4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors and VMs
- 4th Gen AMD EPYC processors at the core of a new generation of VMs.
- Better performance for general-purpose, memory-intensive, and compute-optimized tasks in the cloud.
- Microsoft's latest VM series promises up to 20% better performance for general-purpose and memory-intensive VMs, doubling CPU performance for compute-optimized VMs compared to the previous generation.
- New VM series set to enter public preview in the first quarter of 2024.
AMD Influence on Azure NGads V620 Series
- Azure NGads V620 series of VMs, driven by multiple AMD technologies.
- Combines AMD Radeon PRO V620 GPUs and 3rd Gen AMD EPYC CPUs.
- Caters to workloads requiring higher GPU resources for gaming, VDI, and rendering.
NVIDIA's Entry into the AI Space
- NVIDIA recently announced the launch of its HGX H200 AI computer.
- NVIDIA's HGX H200 AI computer will power Microsoft's platform and other major cloud providers like AWS, Google, and Oracle.