Microsoft Appoints Aparna Gupta to Lead Global Delivery Center
Microsoft has appointed Aparna Gupta as the new leader of its Global Delivery Center (GDC), a crucial part of Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS). The GDC, established in 2005 in Hyderabad and later expanded to Bangalore and Noida, acts as the delivery arm for Microsoft’s Industry Solutions. It brings together architects, consultants, and project managers to deliver top-notch solutions globally.
- Aim and Focus:
- Gupta's role is to drive customer innovation, promote delivery excellence, and accelerate cloud growth by leveraging top-tier talent and a robust partner ecosystem.
- Experience and Expertise:
- With over 25 years of industry expertise and a background in Microsoft technologies, Gupta is well-positioned to lead the GDC team.
- Previous Roles:
- Gupta has been associated with Microsoft for six years, leading the Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) division in India. She demonstrated business acumen by establishing the Customer Success Unit (CSU) within MCAPS India.
- Diversity Advocacy:
- Gupta has a history of advocating for diversity and inclusion. She served as the Executive Sponsor for the Women’s ERG Charter and championed building a diverse team.
- Career Background:
- Prior to Microsoft, Gupta held pivotal positions at Bristlecone, a Mahindra group company, where she served as Vice President for Customer Experience. She also held roles in the Mahindra Group’s Strategy Office.
- Microsoft’s Confidence:
- Puneet Chandok, Microsoft’s India and South Asia President, expressed confidence in Gupta's leadership, stating that her extensive experience and deep knowledge of Microsoft technologies will be vital for regional and global success.
In her own words, Gupta expressed excitement about working with the GDC teams to deepen technical expertise and build a strong team culture focused on delivering excellence to customers. With her wealth of experience and commitment to diversity, Gupta is poised to lead the GDC to new heights, contributing to Microsoft's success in an era dominated by technologies like AI.